Artist | Animator | Interactive Producer | Interactive Writer | Art Instructor
A background in film and visual arts, Danielle King has been working since 2006 on narrative-driven projects.
Danielle instructs art classes around Manitoba. She specializes in all types of traditional animation (stop motion, cel, flip, silhouette, motion painting, etc.), but also enjoys instructing Painting, Drawing, Multimedia, Mixed Media, Ceramics, hardware/software courses. She shares student animations here. Danielle works with all ages and skill levels.
Danielle has been instrumental on creative, organizational and business aspects of artistic projects in Winnipeg. Over the past 6 years she has played a key role in artistic-driven for-profit and non-profit companies.
Best known for excellent time management and versatility, she balances her time between managing budgets and multiple teams, instructing art classes, and organizing programs and events.
As a Producer, her biggest project to date is Clandestine: Anomaly, a mobile AR Sci-fi game. Click here for a list of awards given to it and for top 10 lists that compare Clandestine: Anomaly to Pokémon Go.
You might have also seen her other mobile projects: Cinémental 25, and the Fossil Discovery Adventure. Danielle’s next project dives into the world of Virtual Reality.
You can purchase her digital work here or email below for more information.
Top 7 Tidbits about Danielle King:
- She is the Director of the Forum Art Centre. She coordinates 4 seasons of sessions plus workshops, communicating with 20+ instructors and over 600 students per year.
- She was the 2015-2016 President of The Manitoba Society of Artists. She is now the Vice-President for 2016-2017.
- She is married to her business/creative collaborator, Corey King. Among many projects that they work on together, a notable project is #HerArtHisWords that combines Danielle’s digital work with Corey’s poetry.
- She does low-cost jobs to help strengthen the Winnipeg artistic community: building websites, photographing and digitally editing art, designing posters / pamphlets / booklets / invitations, and helping set up computers/software.
- Danielle is in The Manitoba Arts Council’s Artists In The Schools Directory instructing Paper Animation.
- Danielle is involved in The Winnipeg Arts Council’s WITH ART and YOUTH WITH ART Programs.
- She doesn’t eat meat and is fuelled every morning with a cup of strong black coffee.